Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Pen

There's a good reason for the lack of posts recently. I've been too busy, well, writing.

While it's already true I've been writing more per day here than at any other point in my life, as of the last month, even that number has shot up. Each day I'm balancing a few hours writing/contemplating my writing with a strict schedule of work, gym and time with Daniela.

Brazil's the only place I can really live this way. There are just too many distractions back home. It reminds me of this interview I saw with Jonathan Franzen recently. When he writes, he goes into a small office with no phone, bare walls, covered up windows and a computer with no internet capability. Its as sparse and unromantic as it gets.

Everything about writing is horrible. But I can't sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment