Friday, February 5, 2016

Things That Worry Me More Than Zika

If you've seen snow in the last month, the Zika virus should not bother you. You're gonna make it, son. You weren't worried about Bird Flu, Small Pox, Swine Flu or Ebola, so, why start now? Or maybe you were, in which case anxiety fuels your life and I bet you'd make for a decent comedy writer.

Here in Sao Paulo, we've had about the same number of confirmed cases as the US. Here's what keeps me up at night more than Zika:

-When I'm walking past the lady that maintains our building and she takes the initiative in helping me practice Portuguese.

-Netflix's vow to block VPNs.

-I can't say no to soda.

-Bacterial meningitis.

-When I go for a run, that one tree that's always full of pigeons.

-"The Big One" that will inevitably destroy the US west coast this century.

-Bernie Sanders.

-Everything I've learned from the show Scam City.

-When I'm waiting for a movie to start and I'm afraid someone else will sit on my row, blocking the exit.

-Segredos de Minas doesn't deliver on Mondays (Americans: Think Sundays and Chick-Fil-A. It's always Sunday when you want Chick-Fil-A).

-Death.

-My inability to fantasize about hitting the Powerball without factoring in legal fees and destroyed friendships.

-If Adele can be the top selling artist of the decade but can't write a happy hit song, what's the point of going on?

-The fact that I honestly don't know if I have one or two college degrees.

-Turning 2̶0̶, 2̶3̶, 2̶6̶, 3̶0̶, 34.

-The number of people running small businesses that read about Steve Jobs and decide, "Hey, I'll  just become an asshole."

-UNCW making March Madness this year and their first game being on the day I'm traveling.

-Any time someone is really smart, good looking AND funny.

-Getting a great idea and then immediately thinking about the tens of thousands of others that have probably thought it.

-People not visiting Brazil when they really, really should.

No comments:

Post a Comment